- 20-Feb-2014 to 10-Mar-2014 (PST)
- General & Administrative
- La Mesa, CA, USA
- Part Time
WHO WE ARE: A large and active Senior Living Community in La Mesa seeks a Concierge/Receptionist in the Administration Department. Working conditions and morale are excellent. This position provides a career opportunity in the rapidly expanding senior care industry.
THE JOB: Reporting to the Director of Administrative Services, the ideal candidate for this position is a hardworking, detailed oriented, quick learner with excellent communication skills and consistent follow-through. Duties include the following:
• Answer all general calls coming to a busy multi-line main switchboard in a professional manner, assisting the caller with their needs and providing a positive first impression of the Community;
• Welcome and assist all residents, prospective residents, families, visitors and vendors in a friendly and professional manner;
• Perform public relations duties, such as taking initial information for sales inquiries and transferring calls to the Marketing and Sales Department;
• Provide secretarial and administrative support, as needed, to the Director of Administrative Services and Executive Director;
• Assist residents in setting their appointments and transportation arrangements;
• Distribute mail and parcels within the community and track all guest and staff meals;
• Maintain all resident, visitor and vendor sign in/sign out logs;
• Print and distribute menus and activity calendars and assist with developing flyers;
• Maintain resident maintenance request log to ensure timely repairs to the facility;
• Maintain rosters and resident lists, including a current list of residents in the hospital or out of the community;
• Must have the ability to handle constant interruptions;
• Must be highly organized and pay great attention to detail, including ability to focus, follow-up and multi-task effectively;
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Must have outstanding customer service orientation, attitude, and demeanor.
An outgoing, highly disciplined, reliable, positive and senior friendly disposition is essential, as the position interacts extensively with residents and their families, staff from all departments, and industry professionals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Two years of practical secretarial or similar experience and experience with a multi-line switchboard.
A two-year AA degree from an accredited college or university may be substituted for experience.
Fluency in speaking, reading and writing English and competency in basic math is required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Some college experience is highly desirable.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Be physically fit and able to lift 40 pounds and transfer 60 pounds using proper lifting techniques. Be able to regularly lift and carry objects weighing 30 lbs. Able to bend, squat, and stoop to floor level.
COMPENSATION: $9/hour, Part-time up to 24 hours per week.
BACKGROUND SCREENING: Company is subject to Title 22. Therefore applicants must pass an extensive DOJ and FBI background screen, drug test, and physical exam at company expense. Work references are required and carefully checked. Must have a clean driving record and current California driver's license.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send their resume via email to this ad.
Equal Opportunity Employer
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!